This page answers some of the most Frequently Asked Questions by PIs working with MIPAR.
These FAQs were last updated August 2019. Be sure to always visit our website for the most recent information!
How Do I Get Started?
What Policies and Procedures Do I Need to Know?
- Are there any special requirements to be a Principal Investigator at UMBC?
- How are Facilities and Administrative costs determined on an award?
- Does my department lose the Facilities and Administration Recovery if I work with MIPAR?
- How and why does a proposal get routed?
- How does a proposal actually get submitted – what is the process?
- As a PI or Co-I, do I need to register with the Sponsoring Agency?
- How do I ensure my research is compliant with federal, state and institutional regulatory requirements?
Who Is Responsible for Various Administrative Tasks?
- Who is responsible for accepting an award from a sponsor?
- What is the process to begin work on my award?
- Who is responsible for financial management of the award?
- Who is responsible for sending invoices to the sponsor?
- My award states that a financial report is required. Who prepares this?
- Can I submit a budget or modification to a current proposal myself?
- I would like to request a No Cost Extension. Whom should I contact?
- Who is responsible for the closeout of the award?
MIPAR staff are always available to answer any questions you may have. We look forward to working with you!
Deb Geare, Associate Director (email@example.com) 410-455-1081
Carolyn Flowers, Senior Business Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) 410-455-1084
Elle Trusz, Business Manager (email@example.com) 410-455-1083
These FAQs were last updated August 2019. Be sure to always visit our website for the most recent information! For more information and guidance for university-sponsored research and compliance, please visit: