- Rolling deadlines:
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Rapid Response Research (RAPID)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Notice of Intent: New Funding Opportunity Announcement to Support Novel, High-Impact Studies Evaluating Health System and Healthcare Professional Responsiveness to COVID-19
- Department of Energy (DOE) Resources Supporting Coronavirus Research
- NIH Small Research Grant Program (Parent R03 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- NIA Multi-site COVID-19 Related Clinical Trial Implementation Grant on Aging-Related Topics in at-risk Older Adult Populations (R01 Clinical Trial Required) (NIH)
- Data.org Inclusive Growth and Recovery Challenge Welcomes Applications (COVID-19)
- The Social Science Research Council (SSRC), as part of its Just Tech program, seeks proposals from across the social sciences and related fields that address the risks, opportunities, and challenges posed by public health surveillance stemming from the Covid-19 pandemic. We specifically encourage proposals that interrogate the role the public and private sectors may play in mitigating or exacerbating the health crisis, the effects of which are already unevenly distributed.
- September 23, 2020: Coronavirus Emergency Supplemental Funding Program (CESF) in the Grants Management System (GMS). The Governor’s Office of Crime Prevention, Youth, and Victim Services has announced a new funding opportunity to address the needs of agencies in preventing, preparing for, and responding to COVID-19. Funding is provided through the FY 20 Coronavirus Emergency Supplemental Funding (CESF) Program formula allocation from the Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Assistance.
- November 4, 2020: Regional Conservation Partnership Program (USDA NRCS) The Regional Conservation Partnership Program promotes coordination of NRCS conservation activities with partners that offer value-added contributions to expand our collective ability to address on-farm, watershed, and regional natural resource concerns. Through RCPP, NRCS seeks to co-invest with partners to implement projects that demonstrate innovative solutions to conservation challenges and provide measurable improvements and outcomes tied to the resource concerns they seek to address.
- November 18, 2020: National Science Foundation (NSF) Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases (EEID)
- February 5, 2021: NIH Availability of Urgent Competitive Revisions for Research on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and the Causative Virus SARS-CoV-2 Seeks projects to develop predictive models for disease spread; tools for rapid detection; and rapid development of therapeutic agents.
- View a calendar of COVID-19-related funding opportunities and information, maintained by COGR and UMBC.
- View a list of COVID-19-related funding opportunities maintained by GrantForward.
For Assistance with Proposals and Awards
Social science PIs obtain pre-award and post-grant management assistance from MIPAR, a grants administration unit housed within the Center for Social Science Scholarship. Learn how to get started with MIPAR here.
To set up an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go here to view CAHSS deadlines for proposal routing and submissions.
View internal funding opportunities for the social sciences at UMBC.
Arts and humanities faculty, please contact Rachel Brubaker in the Dresher Center for the Humanities for funding opportunities and assistance.
For faculty interested in submitting proposals to corporations or foundations, please consult Bruce Lyons in UMBC’s Office of Institutional Advancement.